Home » Posts tagged 'above & beyond'
Tag Archives: above & beyond
To celebrate the release of the new Cream Anthems 2013 compilation some of the biggest DJs in the world have been immortalised as eggs.
David Guetta, Calvin Harris and Fatboy Slim have been re-created as Cream DJ eggs in a wacky new YouTube video.
Meanwhile, the final touches are being put to the new Cream Anthems setlist featuring “the sounds and stars that are hitting clubland hard” such as Swedish House Mafia, Laidback Luke, Nicky Romero, Bingo Players and one of my personal favourites Porter Robinson.
There are also tracks by DJ Fresh, Tim Mason, Ferry Corsten, Sander van Doorn and Above & Beyond.
Ten of the biggest tracks around:
- Tenishia ft. Chris Jones – Memory Of A Dream (Album Version) (S107 Recordings)
- Luca Cassani – Keep It All ft. Kate Smith (E Lab Music)
- NAD ft. Faze Lucciano – Rain Me (Babylon Music)
- The Cataracs – Ready For The Weekend (Universal Republic)
- Norin & Rad – Snap (Original mix) (Anjunabeats Free Download)
- O.B – Pow Wow (Selekted Music)
- Delerium – Days Turn Into Nights (Nettwerk Music Group)
- Matt Darey ft. Kate Louise Smith – See The Sun (Hazem Beltagui remix) (S107 Recordings)
- Above & Beyond – Black Room Boy (Above & Beyond Club Edit) (Anjunabeats)
- Armin van Buuren ft. Fiora – Waiting For The Night (Armind)
Above & Beyond have released the new music video for their single Alchemy.
Directed by Jonas Mayabb, it features Mackenzie Firgens, star of clubbing movie Groove.
“A tale of a betrayed love that once burned so bright, the official music video for Above & Beyond’s “Alchemy” (feat. Zoë Johnston) begins with a jilted lover coming face-to-face with the painful realisation that the man she loves is cheating with another woman.”
The track is the latest single from the critically-acclaimed Group Therapy album which is available now on Anjunabeats.
The video also features a sneak preview of where the A&B trio will be playing on New Year’s Eve 2012.
Trance Around The World is no more. Now it is all about Group Therapy.
“Group Therapy describes the relationship between us, our music and our audience and the magic that happens when they interact. Our radio show is our biggest weekly interaction with our fans. It is global Group Therapy,” say Above & Beyond about the renaming of their hugely successful show.
The final episode of TATW will be broadcast live from Jayamahal Palace in Bangalore, India, on 10 November 2012 and will be a 6 hour event featuring Anjunabeats artists such as Mat Zo, Andrew Bayer, Norin & Rad and Jody Wisternoff.
From Friday 16 November Above & Beyond will host a new Group Therapy show in their regular 19.00-21.00 time slot “featuring 2 hours of the finest trance and progressive, providing a snapshot of Above & Beyond, Anjunabeats and the electronic scene at large today.”
You can tune into the live broadcast of TATW450 and ABGT001 from Bangalore in India at www.aboveandbeyond.nu/radio at the following times:
India – IST (India Standard Time) (GMT+5.5) 4pm – 10pm
London – GMT (GMT) 10:30am – 4:30pm
Europe Mainland – CET (Central European Time) (GMT +1) 11:30pm – 5:30pm
NY – Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT -5) 5:30am -11:30am
Chicago – CST (Central Standard Time) (GMT -6) 4:30am – 10:30am
LA – PST (Pacific Time) (GMT -8) 2:30am – 8:30am
Singapore – SGT (Singapore Time) (GMT +8) 6.30pm – 12.30am
Sydney – EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) (GMT +11) 9:30pm – 3:30am
You can also join the conversation on Twitter using the #ABGT.
Above & Beyond are celebrating the 450th episode of their Trance Around The World radio show with a special event in India on 10 November 2012.
“India, its people and music, have always had a special place in our hearts,” explained Paavo Siljamaki from Above & Beyond.
“Not only does the dance music culture span thousands of years there but we’ve also witnessed the incredible growth of electronic music since we first started Anjunabeats.”
The event will include an 8 hour radio broadcast and will be produced in collaboration with Submerge, promoters of the famous Sunburn Festival in India.
“Trance Around The World has thousands of fans across India and it has been a key factor in educating and entertaining fans of dance music across the country,” said Nikhil Chinapa about the reasons behind the project.
The venue and full dj line up for the event will be announced soon but you can sign up for priority access to tickets and advance information via:
Ten simply wonderful records:
- Above & Beyond – Small Moments Like These (Anjunabeats)
- Headstrong ft. Stine Grove – Love Until It Hurts (Aurosonic radio mix) (Sola Records)
- Ane Brun – Undertow (Andrew Bayer radio edit) (Balloon Ranger Recordings)
- Sharoque – Inna All My Life (Timothy A & Loverush radio edit) (Things We Like Records)
- Paul Rudd – Neon Lights (Mikael Wills remix) (Globotracks)
- Redlight – Lost In Your Love (Polydor)
- Ultra Nate & Michelle Williams – Waiting On You (Peacebisquit)
- Studio Killers – Ode To The Bouncers (Manhatten Clique mix) (AATW)
- Markus Schulz ft. Adina Butar – Caught (Coldharbour Recordings)
- KhoMha – The Dark Knight (Original mix) (Coldharbour Recordings Red)
On no account should you miss them!
British actor Steven Berkoff has appeared in films including The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, A Clockwork Orange, The Krays and Bond movie Octopussy.
He has also written, adapted and appeared in numerous plays including East, Greek, Sink The Belgano! and famously The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka usually playing extreme, tortured characters.
In 1998 he created a solo play called Shakespeare’s Villains which ran at the Haymarket Theatre in London.
He has now been cast in the new music video which accompanies Above & Beyond’s latest single On My Way To Heaven.
“Someone told me recently that the lyrics to On My Way To Heaven sound like a Shakespearean soliloquy set to music. It’s a wonderful thought and very flattering. So the idea of casting a well-known Shakespearean actor in the video to realise that idea was just too tempting. My first choice was Steven Berkoff – he does unhinged better than anyone – and incredibly he said yes. It’s a nightmare come true,” explains Tony McGuiness from Above & Beyond.
The track was inspired by the restless, disjointed thoughts that race through the brain at 4am in the morning and features the vocals of Richard Bedford.
Watch the unusual video below:
Over the last 12 months, Above & Beyond have taken their sound and ethos across the globe.
The tour has encompassed an intimate gig in a London pub to two sold out dates at Brixton Academy, a celebratory radio show episode broadcast from Beirut to a sunrise set at Creamfields Argentina.
The dj and production trio have written a new track to say thank you to all the fans who accompanied them on – what they describe – as their most memorable year to date.
Small Moments Like These is the soundtrack to this video celebrating their tour.
Jono, Tony and Paavo have made the track available as a free download from their Facebook page.
Since the start of their career, Above & Beyond have pushed the frontiers of musical production and live performance. In the process, they have touched the hearts of their fans around the world and redefined Electronic Dance Music.
They have been and remain true pioneers.
Award-winning trio Above & Beyond have mixed the new double CD and digital release compilation by clubbing brand Cream.
The album features tracks by artists such as Arty, Jaytech, Mat Zo, Ferry Corsten and Norin & Rad as well as other trance greats.
There are several tunes by Above & Beyond including Thing Called Love, Sun & Moon and Love Is Not Enough.
Cream host a massive weekly party every Thursday night at Amnesia on the White Isle entertaining thousands of clubbers.
Above & Beyond will be headlining 6 dates between June and September. They will be joined by artists including Paul van Dyk, Calvin Harris, Sander van Doorn and Laidback Luke.
Cream Ibiza, mixed by Above & Beyond, will be released on New State Music on 25 June 2012. You can pre-order here.
My current top 10 favourites are:
- Labrinth – Last Time (Gareth Emery mix) (Syco)
- Nero – Must Be The Feeling (Funkagenda mix) (Mercury)
- Kyau & Albert – This Love (Video edit) (Euphonic)
- Paul van Dyk – Verano (Album version) (3 Beat)
- Manufactured Superstars & Jeziel Quintela ft. Christian Burns – Silver Splits The Blue (Paul Oakenfold remix) (Magik Muzik)
- Chicane – Solaruppras (radio edit) (Modena)
- Armin van Buuren pres. Gaia – J’ai Envie De Toi (radio edit) (Armind)
- Pulser ft. Molly Bancroft – In Deep (radio edit) (Black Hole Recordings)
- Porter Robinson – Language (Ministry of Sound)
- Above & Beyond ft. Zoe Johnston – Love Is Not Enough (radio edit) (Anjunabeats)
Check them out as soon as you can!